NEW UPDATED SITE!!!

My blog has moved to Wordpress! You will be redirected in 5 seconds. If not, click here.

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Welcome to My Parlor Said the Spider to the Fly…

Here’s yesterday’s list: Apple cinnamon oatmeal, 2 chocolate dipped strawberries, 3 sm. slices pepperoni pizza, crazy bread, blueberry low fat yogurt, peanut butter chocolate chip tortilla, 1 lrg. slice sausage pepperoni pizza, 1 lrg. slice barbecue chicken bacon pizza, Diet coke and carrot cookies.

I have a lot of anxiety today, as I am going to the doctor for the first time in about 4 years.  You may ask, “why so long?”  I would answer, “because.”

Several years ago, I was going to a doctor (I don’t even remember his name) who had once told me when I expressed concern over my weight, “Well, you’ll have a harder time losing it now that your older.”  That was it.  I wasn’t too thrilled to go to him, but too lazy to switch.  Then one day I needed an appointment, he was out of town, and one of his colleagues took the appointment.  He was blunt and straight-forward with me about my weight and general health.  I thought, “This is what I need,” and switched my record to him.  He helped me along for a few years, and then retired.  A few months after he retired, he died.  I just haven’t been back to a doctor since.

I’m not sure what I’m expecting today, but I am very scared.  I have never been even borderline diabetic or anything else.  But it has been 4 years and I’m not so sure that everything will be fine.  Anyway, I’ll report more tomorrow.

Today’s quote:

“A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat.  ~Old New York Proverb”

3 comments:

Brammer Family said...

Good Luck Tony!

Rich'n'Rach said...

I hope everything went well at the doctor's appointment! Hopefully he can give you some clinical advice and help that you are looking for. I'm finally out of school, and I talked to Kris, we were thinking next weekend we could come down, and then really get this thing going for you?! I really am so excited, because I know you're going to be so successful with this, and happy that you did it.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for all you are going through, and that you will yet go through. With that being said, there is always time in a day (or night) to do anything that is a priority, exercise. There was a time when I would get out of bed at 3:30 a.m. to get a run in. Crazy, but I did it. My body came to crave it. But it took a long time! (I wish I had running as a priority now. I make no excuses, I just got out of the habit.) People would say "I wish I had the time to exercise" and I would think, you could if you wanted to bad enough. Now, I am heavy and starting again. I have been starting with walking, and in my levis. I feel fine about it. So should you. Google mens 14 walking shoes. A GOOD pair of shoes is essential, so skimp anywhere except the shoes! Get the best. There is a difference. Your knees will thank you. Good luck in this adventure. I am in it with you. And good luck at the doc.