NEW UPDATED SITE!!!

My blog has moved to Wordpress! You will be redirected in 5 seconds. If not, click here.

Monday, May 04, 2009

All of My Sins Are Not as Numerous as All of My Chins…

A new week.  Here’s the list:

Friday: 1 blueberry low fat yogurt, 1 blackberry yogurt, 2 chicken enchiladas, chips and salsa, rice pudding, oatmeal cookies, 1/2 chicken club scone, cheese fries, onion straws, Diet coke.

Saturday: mushroom, green pepper, onion and cheese omelet, hash browns, ham and cheese tart, spaghetti, garlic bread, salad, 1/2 raspberry cheese danish, chocolate ice cream.

Sunday:  2 turkey sandwiches, potato chips, quesadilla, black bean torte, salad and diet coke.

Over the weekend I got a very nice comment from someone who wished to remain anonymous.  They told me I should just ignore whatever anyone else thought and exercise in my levis.  Thanks for the encouragement. I know that I need to get moving, and having your encouraging words helps a lot.

I guess my biggest obstacle right now is my pride.  I hate the thought of going to exercise in levis.  I need to just start by getting out walking.  I am in rehearsals now for the opera and that makes it hard to have much free time to do anything.  But I guess it’s all a matter of priorities. 

I was also recommended to check out JC Penney and Famous Footwear for shoes.  My problem with shopping at most places for shoes is that they carry very limited selection in my size, which is a 14.  Payless usually only has maybe 8-12 pair total.  I have never seen a 14 in Famous Footwear, and haven’t really checked at JC Penney.  This has been a problem for me for years.  My feet hit size 14 in high school, and it has been a joy to find shoes ever since.  Add to that the size I have to get clothes in now, and you see a trend.  I can shop at very few stores, and those stores charge a premium for my sizes.  I’m not saying they shouldn’t.  They are not the common sizes, so I expect to pay more.  But sometimes twice or three times the amount is a bit excessive. [end soapbox mode]

Today’s quote:

“The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat are really good friends.  ~Author Unknown”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you can ever find those regular exercise trousers in your size just let us know.