NEW UPDATED SITE!!!

My blog has moved to Wordpress! You will be redirected in 5 seconds. If not, click here.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Instant Gratification Takes Too Long…

Monday: One bowl apple jacks cereal with milk, Chicken flavor ramen, peanut butter sandwich, cheese quesadilla, blueberry yogurt and peach yogurt.

So, It’s been a while.  Last week really go away from me.  I decided rather than chastise myself about it and make myself crazy, I would just get a fresh start.  This may happen from time to time in all aspects of my life, but the important thing is not to give up but to move on and make a fresh start.

I am going to get some help in all this.  I have a registered dietician in my ward who is going to help me with diet and exercise to get me in line.  My wife and I are also joining Weight Watchers to help in all this, too.  This is going to be a long journey.  Sometimes I get a little discouraged by that prospect.  I know it’s important, but it is daunting to think that this will take 2-3 years to get to my goal.  That’s not to say that I don’t know how important it is.  In all reality my life depends on it.

Today’s quote:

“The woman just ahead of you at the supermarket checkout has all the delectable groceries you didn't even know they carried.”  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

2 comments:

Brammer Family said...

We're cheering you on!

Anonymous said...

try and find a pattern as to why you fall off and write it down in a journal. This can help a lot. then choose to try and change what you notice is a common thread. Once you actually with a pen and paper write things down, you are amazed at what you are doing and can say whoa...I see what is going on here and that is a huge step because you have humbly noticed what you are doing and a way to possibly change it. But it doesn't do any good to just look at it and not act. I've tried this with many habits. It has worked for me. Worth a shot. So maybe finding patterns in all this can help you change more...it is like getting to the root cause instead of just applying a bandaid to the sore...actually healing the infection so to speak. Keep trucking :D