NEW UPDATED SITE!!!

My blog has moved to Wordpress! You will be redirected in 5 seconds. If not, click here.

Friday, May 08, 2009

More Chins Than a Chinese Phonebook…

Here’s the list: Bacon, egg, and cheese croisanwich, hash browns, 1/2 roast beef and cheese sandwich, chicken club sandwich, fries and Diet coke, popcorn, and donut holes.

It’s Friday, and it feels like the week has been twice as long as any other.  I am so ready for the weekend.  I always get this way as the opera gets closer to opening.  The final week is always a long one.  I was so disappointed last night when I got out of rehearsal and realized it was still Thursday.  I almost cried!

Well, this is when things start to get serious.  To make sure I’m around for my family I have to get this done, and keep at it. I know it’s going to be harder than anything I’ve ever done.  And keeping at it is going to be hard, as well.  But with the threat of surgery looming over my head, I think that will be a good motivator.

It’s so hard to contemplate this.  I carry the equivalent of my four children around with me every day.  I’m over twice the man I used to be, and I’m hoping to become less than half the man I am now.  I know that it will take months and months to get there.

Today’s quote:

“I have gained and lost the same ten pounds so many times over and over again my cellulite must have déjà vu.  ~Jane Wagner”

2 comments:

Brammer Family said...

One day at a time! (darn it!) :)

Anonymous said...

It's not easy, but in the end it will be worth it. Your kids can see what you are doing and it will inspire them to help you.
Keep up the good work. We are pulling for you.
Dad andMom