NEW UPDATED SITE!!!

My blog has moved to Wordpress! You will be redirected in 5 seconds. If not, click here.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Delicious Cake! Nom, nom, nom….

dcnnn

Here’s yesterday’s list: Cinnamon roll oatmeal, strawberry low fat yogurt, 4 taquitos w/ cheese and sour cream, 7 Hershey’s kisses, chex mix, peanut butter and chocolate chip tortilla, chicken club sandwich, french fries, Diet coke.

My travels along this journey have been very strange.  And I’m starting to feel like I’m beating a broken drum.  I know what it is I am supposed to be doing, and I know what it is that I am currently doing.  I also have grown a little tired of listening to my own platitudes.  Luckily I should be able to get what I need to start exercising this weekend.  Then maybe I can start giving some good news on my battle.

I was surfing the net yesterday, and came across “The Gabriel Plan.”  This is a diet plan supposedly created that lowers the “set point” of your metabolism and helps you burn fat without really changing anything other than the types of foods you eat.  Admittedly, I am sketchy on the particulars, because I haven’t read the book and the website give only cursory details on the diet.  I have seen a dozen of these things over the years.  I just don’t trust “miracle” diets.  And frankly, I’d a lot rather know that I lost my weight through change of habits and increased exercise than through some sort of wonder drug or supplement that I will have to take for the rest of my life to maintain the loss.

As they say, everyone is looking for instant gratification.  Instant gratification takes too long.  I know this is going to be a long process.  Days turn to weeks, weeks turn to months, months to years.  Losing the equivalent of a whole person isn’t going to be quick and easy.  I just want to be able to see that something is happening.  Even though I’m doing nothing more than listing my daily graze.  But I have to do more if I expect to see progress.  So in addition to this, I ask that you pray for me.  Not much, just remember me once in a while. 

I realized that I have given the same quite twice, so today I have two quotes:

“Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity.  ~Voltaire”

“Red meat is not bad for you.  Now blue-green meat, that’s bad for you!  ~Tommy Smothers”

p.s. – I know it’s wrong, but that picture makes me laugh.

No comments: