NEW UPDATED SITE!!!

My blog has moved to Wordpress! You will be redirected in 5 seconds. If not, click here.

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Nobody Knows the Truffles I’ve Seen…

Here’s the list from yesterday: 6 fish sticks, corn, Diet Coke, spaghetti and meatballs, garlic cheese bread.

Yesterday was a weird day.  I didn’t eat anything because of my doctor’s appointment.  I knew that I would need to have blood work done, so I didn’t eat.  Then it turned out that I needed to have a 12 hour fast, and I was only at 9 1/2 hours.

So, to business.  I was told that I have to make the changes now.  I was told that surgery is in my future if I don’t make the changes now, and in the fairly near future.  He is giving me 6 months to show real commitment and improvement or it’s cutting time.  I told him my biggest concern with surgery was the anesthesia.  He said, yes there are risks as large as I am, but he can guarantee me that if I don’t do something, my weight will kill me.  I have known that, but it’s sobering to hear it out loud.  I am going to join Weight Watchers this weekend.  And I am getting shoes that I can walk in as well.

I have felt for the longest time now that I am in limbo: in life, in my health, in a lot of things.  Well, for hell’s sake, I’m 43 years old.  It’s about damn time I got out of my rut!  This has all been a giant kick in my butt to get what I’ve known for years I needed to do.  I don’t want my kids growing up without a father.  I don’t want my kids to grow up with the legacy of obesity.  I don’t want them to follow in my footsteps and have the same problem.  I can’t tell you how much all the comments and words of encouragement mean to me.  Every time I see a comment, I think how lucky I am that I have friends and family who care enough to take time to read this piddley little blog.  I always said I could never see the purpose of me having a blog.  Who would want to read what I have to say.  But I am so very grateful that you all do take the time to read this.  And that you take the time to help me with your thoughts, prayers and kind words.

Thank you all!

Today’s quote:

“And I find chopsticks frankly distressing.  Am I alone in thinking it odd that a people ingenious enough to invent paper, gunpowder, kites and any number of other useful objects, and who have a noble history extending back 3,000 years haven't yet worked out that a pair of knitting needles is no way to capture food?  ~Bill Bryson”

No comments: