NEW UPDATED SITE!!!

My blog has moved to Wordpress! You will be redirected in 5 seconds. If not, click here.

Monday, April 20, 2009

I’m called little Butterball…

A brand new week!  Here’s the list from the weekend:

Friday: Carl’s Jr. Steak and egg burrito, hash browns, med. diet coke, Barbacoa Chicken burrito bowl w/tortilla, diet coke, 1/2 Twix PB, Wendy’s Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, small fries, small frosty, lg. diet coke, 2 tortillas with peanut butter and chocolate chips.

Saturday: Subway 6” Sweet onion chicken teriyaki sub, Pringles, diet coke, 1/2 Snickers Dark, Keebler E.L. Fudge cookies, 1/2 Bajio Quesadilla Especial, 1/2 Bajio Chicken Chimichanga w/rice and black beans, chocolate ice cream, Diet coke.

Sunday: bowl of frosted flakes, poppy seed chicken, salad, California veggies, rolls, popcorn, cookie dough and diet coke.

Monday’s are going to be rough!  I keep telling myself that this is a process and that I am just starting out.  This past week has been one of discovery: discovering how much I really eat.  It’s kinda scary, but not too surprising when you consider my girth.  It takes a lot of food to maintain this girlish figure.  It seems that my mind is preoccupied of late with all things weight loss.  I seem to see a lot more ads for diet programs, books, and for some unholy reason, the ads for Biggest Loser are EVERYWHERE!!  I have to say, I have never actually seen an episode of that program, and I’m probably not going to start.  Some might think that would be good motivation.  I think have not exactly felt motivated by scenes of fat people being poked, prodded, cajoled, pushed, or generally yelled at for not pushing themselves hard enough.  Also, I know this kind of motivation would not work for me.

You see, I have a secret.  A deep, dark disturbing secret. I know that some of you who know me will find this very hard to believe, but I am a dyed in the wool passive/aggressive personality.  Oh, I have my fun-loving, jovial (a de rigueur term for the portly) side.  But behind that lies a dark core of passive/aggressive behavior that will guarantee that if you push, I will push back.  (And behind that is public parking, but that’s another story.)  I do not take kindly to people telling me, especially in condescending tones, what I should be doing.  Guarantee that will keep me from doing it every time!  Condescension in any way, shape or form is a sure way to turn to to the opposing camp.  I will not take it from a fox, I will not take it in a box. 

But having said that, I know that to make this a success, I need help.  Standing by myself for lo these many years has certainly done me no good.  The reason for this blog to to secretly enlist you all in the Tony Weight Loss Army.  By reading this blog you are a card-carrying member of that group.  A league of weight loss compatriots.  And I have to say that I have been amazed and humbled by the kind words that you all have given me.  I had a wonderful chat this weekend with my niece who can’t wait to meet with me and start discussing ways to get rid of me.  Or at least half of me!

Now today’s quote:

“If I had been around when Rubens was painting, I would have been revered as a fabulous model.  Kate Moss?  Well, she would have been the paintbrush.  ~Dawn French”

1 comment:

randy said...

A funny "parking in the rear" gag, and a Dawn French quote....does it get any better?