NEW UPDATED SITE!!!

My blog has moved to Wordpress! You will be redirected in 5 seconds. If not, click here.

Monday, April 27, 2009

I Don’t Care How High is an Elephant’s Eye, But an Elephant’s Rear I Don't Need!

Okay, so my last post was Thursday of last week.  Friday I was at an all day workshop, and I don’t post on the weekends.  So, this is going to be painful!  Here are the lists:

Thursday: 1 pkg. brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts, 1 pkg. strawberry pop tarts, 2 string cheese, 3 whole wheat cinnamon rolls, 4 chicken and cheese flour taquitos, 3 oz. tootsie roll, 1/2 Beto’s chicken chimichanga, 1/2 Beto’s super nachos, Diet Coke.

Friday: Sesame seed bagel w/ cream cheese, Chocolate chocolate chip muffin, fruit, Italian chicken breast, fried potatoes, veggies, salad w/ranch dressing, two lrg. cookies, 1/2 Apollo mushroom burger, 1/2 Apollo gyro, fries, lrg. diet coke.

Saturday: Egg McMuffin, hash browns, orange juice, 1/2 Rumbi’s honey orange chicken rice bowl, salad w/blue cheese dressing, veggies, mashed potatoes, strip steak, 1/2 McCool’s Finn’s skins, 1/2 4-layer chocolate fudge cake w/1 scoop bailey’s chip ice cream.

Sunday: 1 pkg chocolate fudge pop tarts, 2 1/2 no-bake peanut butter chocolate cookies, 6 fish sticks, potatoes wedges, green beans, diet coke, peanut butter cookie dough.

YIKES! YIKES!! YIKES!!!  So, it’s pretty clear that this is why I am the size I am.  I had an interesting questions asked of me over the weekend.  As I stated in my very first post, I am a heavy sweater, meaning I perspire excessively, not that I am a thick cardigan.  This was part of the whole “I coach people to lose weight” discussion.  I was asked if I was always this way, and yes, I always was.  However, not a heavily as I do now.  Plus it looks a lot worse when you’re fat!  We had another corporate show with Hunt’s, and I noticed something new this time.  I’ll call it the “phantom sweat” phenomenon.  You know when you’re driving along with your mom or dad in the car, and they apply the brakes for you on the passenger side of the car?  I saw this happening with people wiping their foreheads for me while I was talking to them.  It’s the first time I’ve ever noticed it.  It’s probably happened before, but I really noticed it this time.  Of course, I find it very embarrassing, to say the least, that I perspire as much as I do.  And it really is annoying, I’m sure, for the poor people who have to deal with me talking to them while I’m “misting.”

This, of course, is not the first time I have had to deal with this.  I had one experience in an opera.  We were doing “The Pirates of Penzance” and I was a pirate fighting with a policeman.  At the end of the fight, I was staged to be standing over the other actor who was lying on the ground.  Apparently I dripped on him a one point, and he asked me if we could stage it differently so I didn’t sweat on him.  Now, while I completely sympathize with him, and would not have wanted that to happen to me, either, I was horrendously embarrassed that it had happened.  I had to go up to the choreographer and explain what had happened.  And while I have no bad feelings toward that actor, I have always been overly cautious when being staged near him since that incident.  And it affects the way I carry out staging that I am given.  I’m always worrying that I might be disgusting to the people I’m working with.  We started rehearsing the Hunt show with some new actors, and I have to dance with someone new.  I am constantly worrying that when we dance she is getting the willies from having to be so close to a damp person.

I have to give a shout out to my fellow actors in the Hunt shows.  They are some of the most genuine kind people a person could ever hope to know.  And it is so great to work with them.  I have never had a more welcoming friendly environment to act in.  New comers are welcomed with open arms, and everyone is actively working to make sure everyone shines.  We have a first-timer on Saturday, and we all had so much fun.  She was very nervous but had a fabulous first show.  They are all so wonderful and it’s great to have that much fun with people you like.  It’s like getting paid to party!  And now my wife gets to party with us, because she will be show managing some of the Hunt’s shows!  It just gets better all the time!!

I am feeling the urgent need to start some sort of exercise regimen.  This will likely consist of walking around the neighborhood to begin with.  My wife and I tried walking before, but I had too hard a time making it very far.  She tends to drag me along whenever we go shopping, and that is a little painful because I used to leave her in the dust when we were first married.  She would get mad at me for walking too fast.  Now it’s reversed.  It’s a terrible thing to be this out of shape. (I’m in shape!  Round is a shape!) I can’t ride bikes with my kids. I can’t play basketball with them.  They really don’t have a very great dad right now.  It’s coming on summer again, and I have another season of not being able to do those things unless I start working on it now.  That is the reason for the blog, and it is the reason I want this change.  I don’t want my kids to remember the fat me.  I want them to have memories of the fun, thin, active me.

Today’s quote:

“The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers.  The original meal has never been found.  ~Calvin Trillin”

No comments: