NEW UPDATED SITE!!!

My blog has moved to Wordpress! You will be redirected in 5 seconds. If not, click here.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Short but sweet….

One more day to miss.  Oh, well.  This weekend was a blow-off!  I just decided that I was going to allow myself the weekend to be free.  I didn’t count a single calorie this weekend.  I didn’t go overboard or anything, just decided that everyone deserves a vacation once in a while.  So that should take me for a few months.  Now I return to the calorie count in earnest.  Today has been very good, so far.  And I am constantly browsing and making better choices toward what I eat.  The next step is getting the exercise program in place.  It will start with walking, and then move on to other things.  So the battle of the bulge continues apace.

The Rifftrax live show was hysterical!!  Of course, I didn’t win any of the contests, but what great fun!  Reefer Madness is such a silly movie.  Makes smoking dope look like a lark, until the obvious madness, of course.  Then comes killing and loose living.  The short films they showed were also very bizarre. The one about grass was almost frightening.  The dry cleaning short was interesting in a “was that a real tragedy that needed to be addressed” kind of way.  And the cartoon was just plain surreal with an equally surreal title that had nothing to do with the actual cartoon.  And the best news was that they’re doing it all again for Halloween with “The House on Haunted Hill.”  Yes, Geoff and I will once again be there to laugh along with the guys to the Vincent Price classic.

Also, the Altos is back on at Spaghetti Mama’s and a couple of shows at Boccia’s in Ogden.  Check out the website for the details.  Then I will be directing the Halloween show. “Gravestoned: All Men Are Cremated Equally.”  Very fun show with a great cast.  Then the opera starts up again soon.  Fun, fun fun!

So this is a short blog post, but don’t you worry, dear readers.  I will return the morrow in finer form and verbose state.

Today’s quote:

“Edible, adj.:  Good to eat, and wholesome to digest, as a worm to a toad, a toad to a snake, a snake to a pig, a pig to a man, and a man to a worm.  ~Ambrose Bierce”

No comments: