NEW UPDATED SITE!!!

My blog has moved to Wordpress! You will be redirected in 5 seconds. If not, click here.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Now to the banquet we press…

Here we are at the beginning of another week!  Another weekend of poor nutrition; not criminal, by any means, but still not where it should be.  I do have to say, though, that it is getting better.  I’m having much fewer days that hit over 3000 calories.  If I keep this up, the weight will come off.  If I can add exercise to this, it will come off at alarming rates.

We had our opening this weekend for “The Altos” and with the exception of a little last minute casting kerfuffle, it went swimmingly.  He had a great audience at Spaghetti Mama’s on Saturday.  They all seemed very appreciative, and really enjoyed the show.  In the past, we’ve had one or two people come up after a show to get pictures with the cast. On Saturday, we had about 10 request photos.  It was a lot of fun.  Come see it, if you can, throughout September at Spaghetti Mama’s. (see www.huntmysteries.com for details.)

The week started out on a bit of an odd note today as we were coming to work.  On Mondays and Tuesdays my wife and I drive together to work, and we had just left the house today when we started to hear a weird noise from one of the tires.  Thinking we had a flat tire, I pulled over to see what was wrong.  The tires all looked fine, but I heard a hissing noise and checked out the back right tire.  Lo and behold, it had a key (that’s right, you read me correctly) a key stuck into it.  The key would have had to have been sticking up in the road or flipped just right by the front tire, but there it was, and no doubt about it.  Sticking straight out of the tire in the middle of the tread, what looked like a padlock key.  When I tried to wiggle it, the hissing got much worse. So we turned around and got the truck back home and took the van.  Took the tire to be fixed, and the key had sliced the tire up so it could not be repaired.  The new tire? $172.00  YIKES!!  So, I’m hoping that that this doesn’t portend the kind of week it will be.  After the hell-fire-and-damnation hail storm we had this morning, that would be a bit too signs-and-portents-y for me.

Tonight I have another rehearsal for Holladay Arts! upcoming concert version of Gilbert & Sullivan’s The Sorcerer.  We’ll be performing that on Friday and Saturday Sept. 3-4 at Holladay City Hall.  If you have never seen the Sorcerer, it is a typical G&S show with all the fun, music and humor that you would expect.  It has been a lot of fun getting this one ready.  This is my 3rd year doing this with them.  We have done Yeomen of the Guard  and Ruddigore.  They are such great fun.  I love G&S, and hope to be back in fighting form soon to actually take on some staged versions of their works.  One of my absolute favorites has always been The Pirates of Penzance.  I did that out at Pages Lane Theater when Ralph Rodgers was still around.  Normally they double cast the shows, but I was lucky enough to do both casts in that show as the Pirate King.  I did about 30-40 performances of that show and had a ball each and every night.  We did a very far from traditional version, but we had the audiences packed in every night.  One of the best shows I’ve ever done.  I would love to be able to stage that version again,just the way we did it.  What a great time we had.

Quote of the day:

“We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons.  ~Alfred E. Newman”

No comments: