NEW UPDATED SITE!!!

My blog has moved to Wordpress! You will be redirected in 5 seconds. If not, click here.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

Ok, Wednesdays seem to be a hard day for me to get work and a blog post done.  This is the second Wednesday I’ve failed to get my post made.  It’s good to be busy.  The battle continues.  Rome wasn’t built in a day, and neither was my protective fat shell.  I’ve been thinking a lot lately about weight loss reality TV shows.  I really don’t watch them.  I don’t like the idea that I might like those bunch of whiney, self-indulgent people.  I think that the truth is I’m closer to that than I care to admit. 

I caught an old episode of Biggest Loser awhile ago, and I wanted to scream.  I know that weight loss is not easy, and no one who has developed the lifestyle that allows them to get to the size they (and I) are is easy to change.  But for hell’s sake, I’d put my size 14s up Jillian Michael’s scrawny butt so fast she’d be eating shoe leather if she shouted at me like that!  And Bob Harper is, I think, clinically insane. I would not put up with their crap and carping for an instant.  I realize that I have to work hard to lose my weight, and I know that I’m not going to do it with good intentions. (If that were true, I’d be as thin as a crack whore by now.)  But yelling and screaming at me (deep, dark, twisted, passive-aggressive me) will not work!  People who try to guilt me into something are not working the right angles on me.

The calorie count is proceeding apace.  Still maintaining around the 2500-3000 range.  Varies on days that I’m more careful, versus those I just don’t give a damn.  I guess the trick is to make sure that the days I do care out number the ones I don’t.

Tonight is the night!!  RIFFTRAX LIVE! Reefer Madness!!!  Got the tickets, got time off work early to get there on time, made my entry into the drawing for the iPad, and submitted my entries for the riff contest.  I know that my chances of winning anything are next to none, but it would be so cool to win the riff contest.  10 lucky people will get their name onscreen and their riff read by the guys.  Too cool!!  My son, Geoff, will be right by my side as we laugh ourselves sick to the best guys night out ever.  My wife just doesn’t quite get Rifftrax of MST3K.  Must be kinda like the Three Stooges.  It’s a guy thing.  Anyway, I’m cutting this short tonight so I can get to the show.  WOOT!!

Quote of the day:

“Anybody who believes that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach flunked geography.  ~Robert Byrne”

No comments: