NEW UPDATED SITE!!!

My blog has moved to Wordpress! You will be redirected in 5 seconds. If not, click here.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

All the world’s a stage…

Ok, it has been a long, long time.  Life has been very busy and very crazy.  For the last week we have been watching two kids for a couple in our ward who went on a cruise.  Their kids have been a lot of fun, and they are good kids, but no matter how good kids are, if they’re not yours, there’s tension there.  And my kids have been the most involved in taking care of them.  They are glad that it is over, and glad to be back to a regular schedule. 

Add to that, Nathaniel, my youngest, broke his arm this past week playing on the playground equipment at school.  He called me and said, “I feel at recess and can’t feel my arm.”  I rush home, he says he’s feeling better, and so I give him some Tylenol, and tell him we'll check him when we get home.  We get home, and Kris says, “I think I need to take him to the Instacare.”  And sure enough, his arm is broken, and I feel like a crap dad for not taking him earlier.

The opera has started, and I had the biggest scare when I went in for my costume fitting.  I was ushered into the fitting room, and shown my costume, which I recognized from many previous productions (a LOT of the costumes get recycled, and I, being so big, have my own “collection” at Utah Opera)  I went to put on the pants, and could not zip them up!  It was like three-four inches to small!!  I know that I haven’t put on that much weight!  As they go to get some new pants, and I take the old ones off, I notice that they have big seams where they have been taken in when they were out on a rental.  WHEW!!  Still, it was a scare, and I do not want to go through that again.  So It is becoming more important to me than ever that I start making this my priority.

And I am auditioning this week for my first ever Shakespeare play.  I’m excited and nervous.  Having never done Shakespeare, this is a little nerve-wracking for me.  I’m having to memorize my first monologue, and trying to chose one is a bit intimidating.  I know that I’m not that great an actor and as I search through the monologues and consider the great actors that have struggled with Shakespeare and who am I to think I can do this.  But I will and I’m going to have a great time (if I’m cast).  I’ll keep you updated.

Quote of the day:

“The most important thing in acting is honesty. If you can fake that, you've got it made. – George Burns”

No comments: