NEW UPDATED SITE!!!

My blog has moved to Wordpress! You will be redirected in 5 seconds. If not, click here.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

It’s a brave new world…

Last night we also had the first music read-through for the opera with the conductor and principals for Falstaff.  And I was so thrilled that we have 7 of the 10 principals who have been here before.  And the best of all news was that Melissa Parks was one of them!!  She is a wonderfully talented mezzo who is also a very lovely person, and who has, over the last several years, become a good friend.  This is a great cast and promises to be one of the best operas this season.

I seem entirely unable to post anything on a regular schedule.  And I don’t seem to be able to motivate myself to do anything resembling exercise.  Although I think that I may have come to some resolution on that front.  We had our first read-through for  The Tempest on Saturday, and I am in the company of some serious talents and some fairly buff individuals.  And unless I just want to sit around all the time hating them all for their talent and good looks, I’m going to need to do something about it.  This would involve some sort of walking, cycling or other physical activity program to start immediately.  I have 12 weeks to make some sort of progress toward my overall goal.  I’m establishing a public goal of losing 15 lbs. by July 15th!!!  It’s easily achievable and it’s also a great start on getting back to my svelte and Adonis-like former self.  I just have to keep myself from collapsing from the stress of trying to learn my lines and act up to the level of the rest of the cast.

This also means that I will need to go back to actively watching my calorie intake.  This is no fun, let me tell you.  I found a great website that helps you track daily calories.  The problem is, it is no fun actually seeing the calories you are taking in.   Especially when you know that you’ve been at this level for a long time.  I have created a fairly workable wright maintenance diet.  I am maintaining and have maintained this weight for some time with only very minor fluctuations.  The real solution that I need to take is to reduce the calories, increase the exercise and get steady and consistent with both.  And I know that when I first started the blog, a lot of people got frustrated with me for talking about it but never doing anything about it.  This is now where the rubber meets the pavement.  I’ve reached a point where I have to do this or I will bury myself in a depressive funk so deep that I’ll never come out.  So, if you see me out and about, or just think about it, drop me a line with a word of encouragement.

Quote of the day:

“The poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese.  ~G.K. Chesterton”

1 comment:

Mel said...

TONY! You sweet thing to give me a shout out on your fabulous blog! Thank so much.

It's so great to be back "home" in Utah!

Love,
~Mel