NEW UPDATED SITE!!!

My blog has moved to Wordpress! You will be redirected in 5 seconds. If not, click here.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Yes, I am a thespian…

I have to make a confession.  I am a closest thespian.  I know that may shock some of you.  Others of you may have suspected it for sometime: that certain way that I walk; idioms of speech; the way I hold a cup.  It is no secret that my wife has had to come to terms with it.  But she has been very supportive throughout her personal ordeal with this.  It generally means having to deal with me gone a lot of nights, working the company of many other like-minded people, dressing up and putting on makeup, occasionally wigs.  It’s not an easy thing to accept.

Anyway, all that nonsense is prelude to say that I will soon be seen onstage in my first ever Shakespeare play!  I don’t think that official casting has been announced, but I’m very excited.  And a little nervous.  We’ll have to see how well I do.  If auditions were any indication, the cast will be fantastic.  And Beth Bruner always does amazing things directing.  So, I’ll keep you updated on all the info.

Quote of the day:

“I don't get acting jobs because of my looks. - W. H. Auden”

No comments: