NEW UPDATED SITE!!!

My blog has moved to Wordpress! You will be redirected in 5 seconds. If not, click here.

Friday, March 04, 2011

A New Me – A New Purpose – A New Beginning

Here we are at another weekend.  I love Fridays.  And not just because the work week is over.  Fridays just seem more laidback than other days.  And I like that.

For our anniversary last night, we just stayed in and ate pot pies. Very Exciting!!  But we are going to go out tonight and do something fun. Maybe a movie, definitely dinner (at which I will NOT be counting calories!) and then who knows.

Tomorrow we are going to my great-nephew’s baptism.  He is such a funny kid.  Very smart.  Very brainy.  Very much his own person at eight years of age.  It will be fun to be with the family.  Then Sunday we are going to a birthday party for my niece.

Things are getting exciting at work.  We are getting some new people on the helpdesk and changes are afoot.  It’s really going to change a lot of what goes on here.  And I‘m excited for the future.

I have also been thinking that I really need to get serious with my weight loss.  I have had a lot of fun making jokes and such on this blog, but I need to get serious.  One of my neighbors is going in for bariatric surgery.  His doctor apparently told him it was that or he could wait to die.  I haven’t had a doctor tell me that, but why wait until that happens.  I need to get off my fat duff and get moving so that I don’t have to have a doctor tell me to plan my funeral.  This is not going to be easy.  Really, what change ever is easy?  But I have been in this rut for so many years that I have become the poster child for failed attempts.  On the bright side, it only has to succeed once to be a success.  I want to be thin again.  I want to be able to shop wherever I want.  I want to be able to comfortably fit behind the wheel of any car.  I want to be able to buckle any seat belt.  I want to have a cute butt again (assuming that I ever had a cute a butt to begin with!).  A new me – A new purpose – A new beginning.

Quote of the day

“Always continue the climb. It is possible for you to do whatever you choose, if you first get to know who you are and are willing to work with a power that is greater than ourselves to do it. - Ella Wheeler Wilcox”

No comments: