NEW UPDATED SITE!!!

My blog has moved to Wordpress! You will be redirected in 5 seconds. If not, click here.

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Make of Our Hearts One Heart…

So, it’s been a while.  All my good intentions of posting often and doing more have come to naught.  I have continued on in my normal mode, casually watching what I eat, meaning to start an exercise program, and not really doing either.  My biggest frustration in it all is trying to keep up on all of what I “should” be doing.  Have you ever tried to start a new habit?  They say you need to doing something continuously for two weeks for it to be a habit.  It hasn’t helped me to do this.  I tracked my calories daily for well over those two weeks, and then one day got frustrated and haven’t really done it with any consistency since. It just gets to be a bit of a hassle, not to mention depressing that I consistently fall below what the tracker tells me I should be eating to maintain my weight, and I don’t lose a gram.  So either they are off or my tracking is, and I’m not sure which is more demoralizing.

Anyway, Today is a very special day.  It is my 22nd anniversary.  March 3, 1989 I married my sweetheart on a very blustery, frigid day.  It was so bitterly cold outside that day, and we have the pictures to prove it.  Bright red noses, dresses blowing all over; it was COLD!  The weekend before and the weekend after were both wonderfully mild, sunny days.  But that’s the way the world turns.  Although the elements didn’t give us a wonderful day, it was still the start of a wonderful and beautiful journey.  And on that journey I have had my best friend at my side, going along with me through the storms and trials, and through the glorious times that have been the past 22 years.  I cannot say enough about how wonderful my wife is.  She first and foremost has to put up with me, and as any of you who know me can attest, that is not the easiest thing to do.  And in spite of all my short comings, foibles, and petty jealousies, she loves me.  She love me despite the fact that I am fat.  She loves me despite the fact that I am one of the most frustratingly needy egotists alive.  She loves me even though I have some of the most maddening habits and quirks of anyone I know.  She is the love of my life and the sweetest person I know.  She never does a thing out of malice or anger, and she gives more from her heart than anyone would think possible.

Out family is doing well, and progressing in their own ways in such wonderful ways.  I somehow have a feeling that this year is going to usher in some big changes for our family.  I’m not sure how, but I feel that very strongly.  And I am excited and anxious and looking forward to it all.  I am not a person given to anticipating change, but for some reason I have the feeling that the changes coming are going to be good.

Utah Opera has announced the 2011/12 season, and I am stoked!  The four operas this next season are: Fidelio by Beethoven, Rigoletto by Verdi, The Elixir of Love by Donizetti and Of Mice and Men by Floyd.  I am so excited!  All shows have chorus and all are wonderful shows.  Elixir they haven’t done since 1986.  I am so thrilled.  I only hope that I make it into all the shows.

I am also continuing in my hobby as a theater reviewer.  I have done 6 shows so far, and have another 2 coming up this month.  I’ve really having a great time getting to see shows and becoming familiar with other companies.  You can follow all the reviews at the Utah Theater Bloggers website.

Quote of the day:

“A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. - Mignon McLaughlin”

No comments: