NEW UPDATED SITE!!!

My blog has moved to Wordpress! You will be redirected in 5 seconds. If not, click here.

Friday, September 03, 2010

Oh, thinks you can think…

Here we are at the end of another week.  It’s Friday, and what do I have to show for it?  A reasonably good week on the calorie front, but no real exercise to speak of.  I am involved in four productions at the moment, and feel like I have no free time.  That, however, is a constant state with me.  I always seem to be burning the candle at both ends.  At least I have a really long candle. 

Monday is my birthday, and I’m turning 45.  No plans for anything special, except not working.  So, that’s a plus!  I’m having my first rehearsal for the Halloween show on Saturday.  We’ll be working music.  This show is fun for the fact that all the music is public domain.  Some great lyrics that will be fun for the show.  I’m anxious to start blocking and see how everyone does with their characters.  I think this is going to be fun!

I’ve added a music player to my blog, as you can tell.  You will notice that I have a very eclectic mix of music styles I like.  I tried to put in a little of everything.  I saw this on my niece’s blog, and liked it so much that I decided to add it to my site.  I’ll update it periodically.

Tonight is the first night for Sorcerer in Holladay.  I’m really looking forward to it.   I love the shows of Gilbert & Sullivan.  Sorcerer is not one I’ve been very familiar with previously.  I really like it, but I think the romantic lead is one of the most villainous characters that Gilbert wrote.  He decides to give the whole village a love philtre to make all the single people fall asleep and then when they wake up they will fall in love with the first person they see.  Then, not content with that, he forces his new wife to drink the philtre so their love will be always strong.  She does, and falls for the vicar.  Then everyone decrees the sorcerer, J. W. Wells must die to set everything right.  Alexis (the young man) is a true villain.  I really like this show.  And I get to be the vicar and sing two of the best songs in the show.  Great fun.

So, have a great long weekend, and happy birthday to me!

Quote of the day:  (Actually, quotes ;-)

Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time.
- Jean Paul Richter

Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words.
- Plautus

There are three hundred and sixty-four days when you might get un-birthday presents ... and only one for birthday presents, you know.
- Lewis Carroll

We are always the same age inside.
- Gertrude Stein

Inside every older person is a younger person -
wondering what the hell happened.
- Cora Harvey Armstrong

Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternative.
- Maurice Chevalier

Getting old ain't for sissies.
- Bette Davis

When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it happened or not.
- Mark Twain

I'm at an age when my back goes out more than I do.
- Phyllis Diller

You are only young once, but you can be immature for a lifetime.
- John P. Grier

If I'd known I was going to live this long (100 years),
I'd have taken better care of myself.
- Ubie Blake

Men are like wine. Some turn to vinegar, but the best improve with age.
- C.E.M. Joad

Let us respect gray hairs, especially our own.
- J. P. Sears

No comments: