NEW UPDATED SITE!!!

My blog has moved to Wordpress! You will be redirected in 5 seconds. If not, click here.

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

And she’ll have fun, fun, fun ‘til her Daddy takes the cheesecake away…

Happy Tuesday to you all!  Yesterday was my birthday, and it was great!  Got to sleep in a little, my youngest brought me Cap’n Crunch for breakfast, I played a little XBox, had my parents out to lunch, and cleaned the carpets.  A good day and lots of fun to be with my family.  I love my family so much.  They are super fantastic, and I had such a fun time talking and laughing with them.  And this week, every night is busy.  So it was a great way to spend a birthday/holiday.

“Gravestoned” rehearsals start in earnest tonight.  I’m excited and anxious all at the same time.  It’ll be fun.  Like I’ve said before, I have a great cast.  They are all so wonderful.  Opera is proceeding this week, as well, and it’s Boheme!  What more can you ask for!  I don’t like being away from home every night of the week, but I do enjoy the small chances to have a great time.

Sorcerer went fantastically this past weekend.  I was not that familiar with the show previously, but I find that with each new Gilbert & Sullivan show that I learn, I have a new friend.  They did amazing things with words and music.  And they are such fun shows.  Next year is going to Iolanthe, another show that I am not too familiar with.  Here’s hoping I get to sing “The Nightmare Song.”  It is one of the greatest patter songs in the canon.

This weekend was bad for my diet, but it was not a deal breaker.  I just need to be careful especially for the next few weeks.  The weather is getting cooler, so exercise will be better and easier that it has been.  I have seen some small results from my work and efforts, so I am even further encouraged that I am on the right track.  This is not going to be easy, and I’ve got a long journey ahead.  This is going to take many long months.  But I can do this and I will succeed.  I will be a happier, healthier me, and I will be the kind of father and husband that can take my kids hiking, camping, and play baseball and soccer.

Quote of the day:

“If organic farming is the natural way, shouldn't organic produce just be called "produce" and make the pesticide-laden stuff take the burden of an adjective?  ~Ymber Delecto”

No comments: