NEW UPDATED SITE!!!

My blog has moved to Wordpress! You will be redirected in 5 seconds. If not, click here.

Thursday, July 01, 2010

The wages of sin don’t pay very much…

Well, here it is, July 1, 2010, and my last update was ages ago.  I am still very fat, and still working on changing that.  I have made some progress, if slowly, and continue with hope.  This blog is going to change somewhat from what it was.  I will be posting much more often, and not really doing some of things I had decided to do in the past.  I will keep updating about my struggle with the bulge, and my eating habits (such as they are).  But this is going to become a much more personal blog.

Many of you know that I am a hopeless ham actor.  I am active in the Utah Opera Chorus and with Hunt Mysteries.  To that end, I am involved in shows every weekend from now through September with shows at Spaghetti Mama’s in Sandy and Boccia’s in Ogden.  There are three shows I will be doing, “An Oscar Winning Confession,” “A Cruise to Remember” and “The Altos: A Little Lower than the Sopranos.”  Dates and locations can be found at the Hunt Mysteries website.  They have changed their way of doing public shows from the past, in that you pay a smaller price to see the show, and then you can, if you would like, purchase food separately at the restaurant.  And if you will let me know ahead of time, you can also get a discount on the ticket price, just because you know me!  So, see there is a perk to being my friend!

As I said this would be a more personal blog than in the past.  I plan on letting you know of what I’m up to, what I’m interested in, what bugs me, etc.  If you follow this, you probably have an interest in what I have to say, and if you don’t, then you wouldn’t be following this.  As I’ve said in the past, I never could figure out why people would want to hear what I have to say, but it seems that a few of you do, so I’m capitalizing on that.

My current obsession is with the music of Louis Moreau Gottschalk.  He was an American composer born in the 1820’s in Louisiana.  He spent most of his creative period in Europe, but wrote with a distinctly American flair.  I have come across many of this piano works, and I am enthralled!  Here is an mp3 of a piece titled “Tournament Galop.”  I LOVE this work!  I will never be able to play this or many other of his works, but I love them.  Hope you enjoy it, too.

So, here’s to a new spate of posts, and hopefully a thinner, leaner, more adorable me.  And thanks for making me feel important by following my ramblings.  You are all fantastic!

Quote of the day:

If God had intended us to follow recipes,
He wouldn't have given us grandmothers.
~Linda Henley

No comments: