NEW UPDATED SITE!!!

My blog has moved to Wordpress! You will be redirected in 5 seconds. If not, click here.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It’s all make-believe, isn’t it?

Here we are again.  The week has sped by, and I’m looking in the face of a long weekend.  YEAH!!  I have a show this weekend to look forward to, and the beginning of a new run for the Altos starting soon.  We have a great cast for the show, and it’s always been my favorite role to play.  Just plain fun all the way around.

I keep trying to write this paragraph and have to rewrite it.  I like the idea of a truthful blog entry, but sometimes the truth could be a little too brutal.  And this is not the place to criticize people I work with.  That place is at lunch with the other employees.  I get along with everyone really well, but there are just some things that drive me to want to scream.  But, I just keep telling myself that everything has a way of working itself out.  And in the end, good works bring good results.

I was thinking the other day, it’s been about two months since my wife and I have been out on a date or seen a movie.  That’s just not right.  I think the last movie we saw was “The Bounty Hunter.”  That’s sad.  The last “dates” we’ve had have consisted of Kris coming to watch me perform in a show.  Now, she is especially happy to point out that for most of our married life, that is what our dates have consisted of.  Or as she puts it, “I get to go watch my husband kiss other women.”  Except that now I don’t kiss women.  I don’t tend to play the romantic lead anymore.  Not that I’m complaining, but it means that I’m old.  And fat.  and moving on to character roles.  Now, some of the greatest actors in the world are character actors: Seymour Cassel, Dan Hedaya, Saul Rubinek, Royal Dano, Austin Pendleton, James Cromwell.  All great actors.  They are the ones you see in the movies, and say “Oh, it’s That Guy.”  I guess I’m becoming That Guy.  I guess it could be worse.  I could become the guy that when everyone sees me they say, “oh, no, not That Guy!”  So, it could be worse.

So, here’s wishing everyone a fantastic Pioneer Day weekend.  If you feel so inclined, come see the closing night of Cruise to Remember at Spaghetti Mama’s on Friday, July 23rd and watch some fireworks.  OR come next week and see the final shows of “Walk the Red Carpet: An Oscar Winning Confession,” July 30th & 31st at Spaghetti Mama’s.  See huntmysteries.com for tickets.

Quote of the day:

“I don't think America will have really made it until we have our own salad dressing.  Until then we're stuck behind the French, Italians, Russians and Caesarians.  ~Pat McNelis”

No comments: