NEW UPDATED SITE!!!

My blog has moved to Wordpress! You will be redirected in 5 seconds. If not, click here.

Friday, July 09, 2010

In my own little corner in my own little room…

So as you can tell, I’m still not very good about my daily posting schedule. Although you have to admit that two posts within less than a month is an improvement!! 

Not much new on the body transformation front.  Still trying to watch what I eat (as it slips from my fork to my mouth).  I am daily conscious of my portion control, though in reality it most likely still is not where it should be.  I do at least think about it from time to time.  (As I write this, I’m eating a double chocolate muffin that my boss brought in as a treat.)  So, take that for what it’s worth.

Summer is moving right along, as it is for you all, I’m sure.  Having my daughter away through the week is hard, and I miss her terribly during the week.  It really gives me something to look forward to on the weekends.  She is making such huge growth in her life while she is helping the girls to have a fun, spiritual week at camp.  I can’t say how proud I am of her.  She is really something, that girl!  It makes me want to be a better dad to my kids and husband to my wife.

The thing that I seem to have the hardest time with right now is getting things done around the house.  My wife will attest to this in no  uncertain terms, I’m sure.  She is a wonderfully patient woman with the greatest of love for me (heaven knows why because I don’t give her reason to…), but her patience is reaching it’s limit.  I have broken sprinkler heads, weeds, overgrown roses (if anyone has any secrets to pruning roses, let me know!) and a host of other odd jobs that need addressing.  So there is the honey-do list and trying to budget out the money to get the supplies to fix them, and getting the gumption to actually do the repairs.  Then, of course, there’s the inevitable screw-ups that I make that cost us even more to replace what I broke as I was trying to fix things.  Yes, living with me is no picnic.  This is why my wife needs someone like Oprah to give her favorite things!

I’m going to plug, again (and again and again!) the Hunt Mysteries shows in August and September.  The Altos – a little lower than the Sopranos will be running each Friday and Saturday in Ogden at Boccia’s and Sandy at Spaghetti Mama’s.  Go to Hunt Mysteries website for complete details. (Tickets to the show are less than $15/person, with food optional) When you make your reservations, tell them you know me and heard about this from my blog to get a discount.  It is the greatest Hunt Mysteries show they have.  And we all have such a great time doing it.  Come see it!!  You won’t be disappointed.

Quote for the day:

“If you have formed the habit of checking on every new diet that comes along, you will find that, mercifully, they all blur together, leaving you with only one definite piece of information:  French-fried potatoes are out.”  ~Jean Kerr

No comments: