NEW UPDATED SITE!!!

My blog has moved to Wordpress! You will be redirected in 5 seconds. If not, click here.

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

All This And Friendly Encouragement? SWEET!!

Yesterday’s list: Carl’s Jr. Six-dollar portobello mushroom burger, small fries, small diet coke, one Reese’s stick, 4 bites Panda Express orange chicken, one slice roast beef, three slices chicken cordon bleu, carrots, rice, roasted potatoes, green salad and peach cobbler with whipped cream.

An impressive list after an extended absence.  First, I need to say that my lack of posting was due primarily this time to work pressures.  Things have been crazy at work, and we have all been very busy.  Second, I have been humbled by the comments that I have received over the last few days.  They have almost all been “anonymous” posts, but I truly thank you for your words of encouragement and faith.  I wish I knew who it was so that I could thank them personally.  The words of encouragement are always kindly felt.  Also thanks to whoever tried to stand up for me.  I appreciate it, but I’m rather thick-skinned (soon to be thinner!) and any comments given me with sincere concern and a wish to help are welcome.  I know that all comments are meant to help me, and they do.

I finally got my blood tests back.  The good news is that my PSA, blood glucose, liver function, etc. are all excellent.  My cholesterol is borderline, but not high enough to need medication, and B12 needs to be retested, as it was elevated, but they want to do a second test on it.  So by the blood work, I am doing ok.  I don’t want to do ok.  I want to be fantastic.  For most of my life I have settled for me being ok.  I have settled for what was easy and the most simple to achieve.  I’m no longer satisfied with that.  My kids deserve better, and my wife certainly deserves better.  She has put up with me at my lowest for 20 years.  How I ever got such a wonderful woman to agree to marry me, I will never know.  And why she has stayed by me is a wonder, too.  But she has and I want to be the kind of husband she deserves.  So, thanks for the comments and all your support.

Today’s quote:

“It would be nice if the Food and Drug Administration stopped issuing warnings about toxic substances and just gave me the names of one or two things still safe to eat.”  ~Robert Fuoss

No comments: