NEW UPDATED SITE!!!

My blog has moved to Wordpress! You will be redirected in 5 seconds. If not, click here.

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Very nice. Next!

Being a reviewer for Utah Theater Bloggers this past year has put my thinking much more in the way of theater and those things that I would like to accomplish before I shuffle off this mortal coil.  Some I realize will never be.  I’m simply too old.  Some will not happen unless I dramatically alter my weight (something, you, dear reader, should know I am trying to do).  And some I simply hope to see in live performance, but know I’ll never get to perform.  So here goes:

Roles I know I’ll never play, but wish I could:

King Arthur – Camelot; Hamlet; Benedick – Much Ado About Nothing; Any role in “The Compleat Wrks of Wllm Shkspr (Abridged); Javert or Thenardier – Les Miserables; Bobby – Crazy for You; Fancourt Babberly – Charley’s Aunt; Charley Wykeham – Where’s Charley?; Any of the brothers – The Andrews Brothers; Bobby – Company; William Barfee – 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee

Roles I hope to play, some after I lose weight:

Sylvia Saint Croix – Ruthless! the Musical; Wotan, et. al. – Das Barbecu; Cervantes/Quixote – Man of La Mancha; Edna Turnblad – Hairspray; King Arthur – Spamalot; Aldolpho – Drowsy Chaperone; Thurston Wheelis, et. al. – Greater Tuna; Maj. Gen. Stanley – Pirates of Penzance; Harold Hill – The Music Man; The King – The King and I; Any of the Nuns – Nunsense, A-Men!; Stage Manager – Our Town; Tevye – Fiddler on the Roof; Fred/Petruchio – Kiss Me, Kate; Devil – Damn Yankees; Carol Todd – Victor/Victoria; Saunders or Tito Mirelli – Lend Me a Tenor; Leo or Jack – Leading Ladies; Richard II; King Lear; Iago

Shows I hope to see live someday:

The Andrews Brothers; Lend Me A Tenor; Lady in the Dark; Cyrano; Das Barbecu

There are others, but as you can see, I haven’t given up hope.  And if any of you know of any companies doing these shows, let me know and let them know that I’d be perfect for these roles.  I’m counting on you all!

Now, where did I put my exercise clothes…?

Quote for the Day:

“When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.” - Cynthia Heimel

No comments: